Friday, November 30, 2007

This is NOT a Switzerland blog.

The title says it all...I am NOT going to blog about Switzerland...at least...yet.

I thought that I would give three important tidbits:

1. Last night I hopped in the boss's car with all of the other work folks and took a drive to Murcia. I was not there to go to IKEA as you all may be thinking, but rather I spent the night anxiously awaiting the arrival of the next tray of delicious canapés. Because of the boss's many friends in the design community and his previous residence in Murcia, we were all invited to the gallery opening for Edra at the designer furniture showroom CUARTA. The furniture was ALRIGHT, but the experience was AMAZING. Hanging out with my South American buddies, chatting up some important patrons of Spanish architecture (the best I could y'know), and chowing down on some seriously fussy and delicous hors d'oeuvres (including but certainly not limited to loads of Jamón Ibérico!) under the spanish sky was one of those surreal experiences which makes me NEVER WANT TO LEAVE!

2. We're leaving. Due to our complete distaste for illegal activities we will be saying 'hasta luego' to Alicante the day before my 90 tourist visa days run out. It is indeed incredibly sad for us, but as the previous spanish phrase indicates, we plan on returning as soon as the Spanish government permits us. To find the best airfare, we are being 'forced' to make a two and a half day layover in Dublin (Gracias a Ireland's EU but non-Schengen status!). We will hopefully load up on the luck of the Irish before we return to Arizona on the 10th.

3. I WILL eventually blog about adventures in Swiss architecture, but that will have to wait for the weekend. Lots of photos to go through and gussy up = Lots of work that I do not have time for!

7 comments:

steph said...

yeah for dublin! yeah for holidays with the fam!

boo to spanish visas taking four months... or more.

yeah for hubbs having an awesome night at a gallery opening! boo for leaving his lonely little wifey alone! she was so alone...

P Daddy said...

yeah for a post by the Crust Collector!

boo-hoo on visas but yeah for Steph and CC being home for the holidays!!

yeah for a couple days in Dublin on the way home--CC is 1/8-1/4 Irish (range due to a couple illegitimate births in the family history)!

so glad for CC's night of schmoozing and noshing (might as well throw some Yiddish into the language melting pot)...so sad for Steph's night of pining alone...at least in PHX you'll have company at night and CC will be home before 10.

Mrs. Dub said...

if it's any incentive for you to stay in the states/move to chicago, i can make a mean ham sandwich. i mean, what more do you want?

mommie said...

I am glad (and proud) that we raised you with a taste for all thing illegal ... and for ham.

Heaven knows I tried my hardest to raise you with a taste for drinking heavy cream from the carton ...

but at least I'm glad the legalities thing stuck.

I hope I am too selfish is saying ... we cannot wait to see you!

melissa said...

it's ALL my fault the visas didnt get there in time! im SO sorry! :-(
i won the turkey wishbone wish, and i wished for speedy visas like i promised your wifey i would...but then instead of keeping it a secret, i told michael what i wished for! SOOO Sorry :-( i am a horrible person
(but i think michael tempted me into telling the wish just so he would get his bffs back faster)

also, my boss is from Dublin, and she is going to give me some must-sees to tell you guys to, well, see!

mommie said...

Excuse me ...

that would be "all things legal"

Gina said...

My sister just got back from Dublin and it sounds awesome, you guys will have a great time!

Sorry to hear about your visas not coming through :-(
It will be great to see you guys though!