Saturday, October 20, 2007

It begins....(maybe)

I am in Alicante. (see below)



For all but one of those unfortunate enough to be reading this: you are not.

Because I am in Alicante (ie. far far away) and do not have as many opportunities to ramble for hours on end about things that few people care about, I will reluctantly attempt the internet equivalent. Aren't you all SO EXCITED?

I have grand visions for this venture. I will soon be making a million changes to my template so that you will all marvel at my design chops and internet wizadry and content so amazing that you will beg for it to be published as a coffee-table-book. Then again, I might stop caring after a week and you will probably prefer to look at the baby photos, viral videos and other amazing blogs that currently satisfy your needs.

I DO plan to put tons of geeky architecture and other non-what-ive-been-up-to-lately content on here, (if I actually make any more posts after this gem) so consider yourselves warned!

8 comments:

steph said...

yay! for my hubby!

Mrs. Dub said...

in the words of bill cosby, "challenge!"

Gina said...

welcome to the blog world!

Michael said...

Partially baked bread or partly baked bread can be frozen to extend its shelf life. Freezing can also be responsible for damage such as crust flaking. I present a study aimed at identifying the process parameters that can interact with gnarly crust flaking. The study used the radical French baguette as a model system. The effect of proving condition (50% and 90% air humidity at 27 °C), chilling condition after partial baking (50–55% and 90–95% air humidity at 20 °C) and freezing condition (blast air freezer with the centre bread temperature at the entrance in the freezer of 35 °C, 45 °C or 55 °C) on part baked bread was studied. The chilling condition after partial baking appears to be the most influent parameter on crust flaking followed by proving condition that also had a significant but not so strong impact on crust flaking. Generally, higher air humidity during the process tends to minimize crust flaking. The size of the piece of crust flakes seems to increase with increasing crust flaking. A higher temperature of the partially baked bread at the entrance of the freezer (55 °C vs. 35 °C in our conditions) seems to enhance the crust flaking phenomenon; nevertheless, this trend was not always significant in all the tests. These results have been used to define to process conditions that can provoke or minimize crust flaking of French baguette...so, you know, duh...

Angy said...

yay! can't wait to read your ramblings b-i-l :)

wuwuwu

mommie said...

Finally ... duh!

p.s. that's my baby boy.

P Daddy said...

Great, one more blog I am obligated to read each day and craft one of my patented brief, cogent, and witty comments. Ah, okay, one more blog I will rush to many times a day in hopes of finding new posts or comments and on which I will post long, dry, wordy comments interesting mostly to me.kooking forward to it.

Mom said...

Hi Paul, loved the break down of the business day. So many people have asked me about that. I think I could live like that. Loved the pictures! Hope your project is going well. Looking forward to reading your stuff! Ginny